Government Sports Jobs In India: Sports Authority of India (SAI) has invited applications from eligible candidates for the appointment of 100 coaches in 21 sports items to be posted in its various centres. Candidates with a Diploma in Coaching from SAI, NS NIS, or from any other recognised Indian or Foreign University and practising as coaches for at least 05 years can apply for the post.
The appointments will be on a contract basis and extendable for a 04 year-cycle up to the age of 65 years subject to review. The post carries a pay scale of Rs. 105,000-150,000/- . Candidates with higher qualifications/ exceptional achievements may be fixed at a higher scale.
There are other categories of candidates who are eligible to apply for the post. Check the full details of the advertisement below.
About Sports Authority of India
Sports Authority of India (SAI) was established in 1982 under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India for the promotion of sports in the country.
SAI has set up centres in several cities for the purpose. This includes 2 Sports Academic institutions conducting research and PhD level courses in physical education and sports medicine. They are the Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports at Patiala in Punjab, and the Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education at Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala).
Apart from this, the Authority has 11 SAI Regional Centres” (SRC), 14 Centre of Excellence” (COE/COX), 56 Sports Training Centres”(STC) and 20 Special Area Games (SAG) in various parts of the country.
If you are interested in the offer of Government Sports Jobs In India, you may apply online by visiting the website.
|Commencement of Online registration||31.08.2021|
|Last date to register Online application||15.10.2021|
Government Sports Jobs In India
100 Coach Vacancies in SAI Centres
Government Sports Jobs In India Notification Overview
|Organization||Sports Authority of India|
|No. of Vacancies||100|
|Place of Posting||All India basis|
|Type of Job||Contract- 04 years-extendable|
Government Sports Jobs In India Vacancy Details
|Post|| No. of |
|41 (Unreserved), 27 (Other Backward Classes), 15 (Scheduled Tribe), 07 (Scheduled Caste) and 10 (Economically Weaker Section).|
Government Sports Jobs In India Eligibility Criteria
Age Limits (As of 15-10-2021)
|Maximum Age||45 years|
- There will be upper-age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per government rules.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- Diploma in Coaching from SAI, NS NIS, or from any other recognised Indian/ Foreign University with 05 years experience in Coaching in the respective field OR
- Medal winner in Olympic/World Championship OR
- Twice Olympic Participation OR
- Olympic/ International Participation with 02 years experience in Caoching in the respective field OR
- Dronacharya Awardee
Note for International Participation:
Participation in any discipline in-
- Olympic Games
- World Championships/ World Cups
- Asian Games
- Commonwealth Games
- Asian Championships/ Asia Cup
- The selection will be through an oral test of the discipline you have opted for and interview
- If there are a large number of applications, there will be shortlisting of applications
- The names of the eligible shortlisted candidates for interview along with date(s) and place of interview will be posted on SAI website
SAI Coach Salary
- Salary will be fixed based on experience, certification and Dronacharya Award and after adding the increments
- In case a person has eligibility because of two criteria then, criteria advantageous to him will be applicable or as opted by the candidate.
- Higher salary will be considered to candidates with higher qualifications/ exceptional achievements
How to apply for SAI Coach Recruitment 2021
Go through the notification and make sure that you fulfil the eligibility. You must have a valid email ID and mobile number. The only option available to apply for the post is Online through the official website of the Sports Authority of India
- So, visit SAI’s website https://sportsauthorityofindia.nic.in/saijobs/
- Proceed filling up the application and submit
- Visit the website regularly for updates on the recruitment process.