IIT Madras MTech Admission 2022: IIT Madras has announced admission to the M.Tech courses that begin in July 2022. Admissions to the M.Tech programs are through GATE. Those with a scorecard of GATE 2019, GATE 2020 and GATE 2021 can apply for the courses.
Detailed descriptions of the eligibility criteria and ‘how to apply are provided in this article. Please go through the same and ensure that you satisfy the eligibility criteria before applying.
The eligible candidates are required to apply Online through http://mtechadm.iitm.ac.in/
IIT Madras M.Tech 2022 registration is open on 18th March 2022
And closes on 24 April 2022
It may be noted that the COAP registration number is a mandatory field for registration on the M.Tech application. So those who are yet to get the number may register at COAP 2022 website.
IIT Madras MTech Admission 2022Notification
IIT Madras offers M.Tech programs in various disciplines. The duration of the course is a four-semester/ 2-year program. These courses are based on the credit system and provide a student with a wide choice of courses.
In fact, each of these programs comprises a number of core and elective courses. Besides, there is project work. you will get a faculty advisor to help you in the choice of academic options for elective courses.
Another benefit is that you will be free to do your project work in industries and other approved organizations.
IIT Madras offers about 30 postgraduate programs from 12 departments. A detailed list of the programs and respective seat numbers are provided below:
|Sr.No||Department||Program||Number of |
|01||Aerospace Engineering||Aerospace Engineering (AE1)||15|
|02||Applied Mechanics||Computational and Experimental Mechanics AM1Y)|
Biomedical Engineering (AM2Y)
Clinical Engineering (CL1Y)
|03||Biotechnology||Bioprocess Engineering (BT1Y)||12|
|04||Civil Engineering||Building Technology and Construction Management (CE1Y)|
Environmental Engineering (CE2Y)
Geotechnical Engineering (CE3Y)
Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering (CE4Y) Structural Engineering (CE5Y)
Transportation Engineering (CE6Y)
|05||Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering (CH1Y)|
Catalysis Technology (CA1Y)
|06||Computer Science and Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering (CS1Y)||67|
|07||Electrical Engineering||Communication and Signal Processing (EE1Y)|
Power Systems and Power Electronics (EE2Y)
Microelectronics and VLSI Design (EE3Y)
Electronic System Design and Instrumentation (EE4Y)
RF and Photonics (EE5Y)
Integrated Circuits and Systems (EE6Y)
Control and Optimization (EE7Y)
|08||Mathematics||Industrial Mathematics and Scientific Computing (MA1Y)||25|
|09||Mechanical Engineering||Thermal Engineering (ME1Y)|
Mechanical Design (ME2Y)
Manufacturing Engineering (ME3Y)
|10||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MM1Y||27|
|11||Ocean Engineering||Ocean Structures (OE1Y)|
Ocean Technology (OE2Y)
Petroleum Engineering (PE1Y)
|12||Physics||Functional Materials and Nanotechnology (PH1Y)||12|
The following categories of candidates can apply for M.Tech admission 2022
- Candidates qualified in GATE 2020, 2021 and 2022
- BTech candidates from IITs with CGPA 8.0 and above
1. Candidates qualified in GATE 2019.2020, and 2021
Should Satisfy any one of the following conditions:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture from educational Institutions approved by AICTE/ Government
- Master’s degree in Chemistry/ Life Sciences/ Mathematics/ Physics related subjects from educational Institutions approved by UGC/ Government
- Degrees obtained through Distance Education/ Correspondence. Mode for the qualifying degree specified in [(1) or (2). The Departments will follow suitability test/ interview procedure for screening in such cases.
- Candidates yet to appear / have appeared in the final examination for the qualifying degree specified in (1 or (2) and whose results are likely to be declared by July 15, 2022.
- Associate membership holders from professional bodies.
- Foreign Nationals who have obtained qualifying degree in India
2. Candidates with B.Tech. Degree from IITs with a CGPA of 8.0 and
- Candidates passed B. Tech Degree from IITs with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 8.0 are eligible to apply for the course:
How to Apply for IIT Madras MTech Admission 2022
You must register in the COAP portal to apply for IIT Madras MTech Admission 2022. Please visit the official website of IIT Madras, http://mtechadm.iitm.ac.in, click “˜Register”, and apply. For Foreign Nationals: Please visit the International portal: https://intapp.iitb.ac.in/ OR http://intapp.iitb.ac.in/
You can apply for a maximum of 6 programmes in the order of preference. Please note that you cannot change or swap the order of preferences after submitting the Online Application. Therefore, you should be extremely careful in selecting your preferences.
GATE qualified candidates and IIT B.Tech. Graduates should upload the following documents (as applicable) for IIT Madras MTech Admission 2022:
- Upload the following supporting documents:
- Your recent Passport Size Photograph and Signature.
- Birth certificate/Passpost/Voter IB/Nationality cerificate to prove your nationality
- (Note that Ration Card/ Aadhar Card/ PAN Card/ Domicile Certificates are not authentic proof for Nationality)
- Physical disability certificate for PwD candidates.
- Cast/Community certificate for SC/ ST Candidates.
- OBC-NCL Certificate issued on or after 01 April 2021) in the case of OBC-NCL (non-creamy layer) Candidates.
- Income /Wealth certificate issued on or after 01 April 2021 in the case of EWS Candidates.
- List of Courses and Syllabus in case of Candidates with ZE/ZS Disciplines.
- Grade card / Mark sheets till date for all Semesters
- Your valid GATE Score Card.
- After completing the application form, you can take a printout for your reference.
- (Do not send the hard copy to IIT Madras)
Those who appeared in the final semester exam and awaiting the results can also apply for the course. Such candidates may upload all the grade card/mark sheets available to date and submit the final result before the date of admission.
In case of delay in getting the final exam results before the date of admission due to the current Covid19 pandemic, you can get a letter from your Head of the Department / Institute confirming the same.
IIT Madras MTech Admission 2022- Fees Structure
A. One Time Payment
|Details of Fees||July-Nov 202 (Rs)|
|Medical Examination Fee||100|
|Student Welfare Fund||1000|
|Alumni Life Membership(NS)||1500|
B. Semester Fees
|Details of Fees||July-Nov 2022 (Rs)||Jan-May 2023 (Rs)||July-Nov 2023 (Rs)||Jan-May 2024 (Rs)|
|Registration & Enrolment||300||300||300||300|
|Fan, Electricity & Water||1000||1000||1000||1000|
C. Deposits (Refundable)
Hostel Fees & Mess Charges per Semester
(Payable to the Chairman, Council of Wardens) – (Subject to Revision).
|Details of Fees||July-Nov 2022 |
|Jan-M 2023 |
|July-Nov 2023 |
|July-Nov 2024 |
|Hostel Admission Fee||250||250||250||250|
|Hostel Deposit (NS)-(Refundable)||3000||–||–||–|
|Establishment ‘B’ Charges||1500||1500||1500||1500|
|Advance Dining Charges||17500||17500||17500||17500|
|Medical Insurance Premium||1084||–||1084||–|
|Student Wellness fee||200||200||200||200|
- IIT Madras offers financial assistance to Indian Nationals doing the M.Tech Programs in the form of a Half-Time Teaching Assistantship (HTTP) subject to the Institute rules.
- Under the scheme, HTTA students are required to assist the Department for 8 hours of work per week
- The works are related to the Department academic activities, such as laboratory demonstration, tutorials, evaluation of assignments, test papers, seminars, research projects, etc. .