IIT Madras Recruitment 2021 notification for the appointment of Assistant Professors exclusively from candidates belonging to the categories of SC/ST/OBC/EWS. According to advertisement No. IITM/R/5/2021 Dated 03.11.2021, there are 49 vacancies for the faculty (Assistant professor Grade I and Grade -II) to be filled in various departments of the Institute.
These include departments such as Aerospace, Applied Mechanics, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, etc.
Candidates for the post should have an excellent educational background with qualifications including P.hD, Master’s, and Bachelor’s degrees in subjects like computer science, computer engineering, different engineering disciplines, management, Humanities, Social science, etc
Additionally, they should have teaching experience, preferably for more than three years. Check here to know the details about eligibility, salary, selection process, How to apply, etc.
Before applying for IIT Madras Recruitment 2021 you are advised to check with the official notification and ensure eligibility for the post.
If you are eligible and interested, you may apply online at https://facapp.iitm.ac.in/
Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai is one of the oldest IITs in India. Established in 1959 it is the third oldest institute in the country, after IIT Roorkee, and IIT (BHU) Varanasi.
IIT Madras campus is built over an area of 2.5-square-kilometre (0.97 sq mi). The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and research degrees across 16 disciplines in Engineering, Sciences, Humanities, and Management and has about 10000 students. It has a 600-strong faculty and 1,250 administrative and supporting staff.
|Last date to apply by post||02-12-2021|
|Mode of application||online|
You would also like to Read: KIIT Recruitment 2021|4050 Vacancies
IIT Madras Recruitment 2021 Notification
Here is the summary of notification in respect of UCIL Recruitment 2021
|Post||Assistant Professor (Grade-1, Grade-II)|
|Qualification||Ph.D., Masters Degree, Bachelors Degree|
|Salary|| Asst. Professor Grade-1- Rs.70,900/-|
Asst. Professor Grade-1I- Rs.101500/-
|No. of Vacancies||49|
|Place of Posting||Chennai|
|Type of job||Permanent|
IIT Madras Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
|Name of the Post||No. of|
|Name of the Post||Qualification||Experience|
|Assistant Professor Grade-II||Ph.D., Masters, Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Computer science, Humanities, Management, etc||Up to three years Experience in teaching (relevant subjects)|
|Assistant Professor Grade-I||Ph.D., Masters, Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Computer science, Humanities, Management, etc||More than three years of experience in teaching (relevant subjects)|
Age limit as of 15-12-2021
- Maximum age: 35 years
IIT Madras Recruitment 2021 Salary
|Name of the post||Minimum Salary|
|Assistant Professor Grade-II||Rs.70,900/-pm|
|Assistant Professor Grade-II||Rs.101500/-pm|
- The Selection Committee may apply the right criteria, they deem fit, for shortlisting/screening the applications
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal Interview
- Outstation candidates called for the interview will be reimbursed to & fro 2 Tier AC Railway fare or economy class airfare by the shortest route ( between place of residence and Chennai).
- The selection will be based on the candidates’ performance in the interview and additional qualification, specialization, relevant experience, etc.
How to apply for IIT Madras Recruitment 2021
Go through the notification and make sure that you fulfill the eligibility. You must have a valid email ID and mobile number.
- Visit IIT Madras official website
- Click the link, Apply
- First you have to create an account
- Using the reated credentials , login to apply
- Access application, and fill up the requisite information
- Proceed as per instructions and submit the application
At the time of the interview, you need to bring the following documents for verification:
- Class 10th (High School) certificate as proof of Date of Birth
- Mark sheets and certificates in support of educational qualifications.
- Experience certificates
- Cast certificate in repsect of SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer) on the prescribed proforma
- Disability certificate from the competent authority for PWD candidates
If you have a brilliant educational background with a Ph.D/Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in areas of Science/ Humanities/Management subjects, and teaching experience, you can become a faculty member in IIT Madras. Note that the offer is for candidates from the Reserved Categories. The last date to apply online is 02.12.2021