Indian Civil Service Preliminary Examination 2021: Find details of Posts, Eligibility, Salary, Admit Card, Exam Date, and Full Notification
Indian Civil Service Preliminary Examination 2021: The Union Public service commission has announced conducting the Indian Civil Service Preliminary Examination 2021 on 27-06-2021. This is done for the selection of 712 candidates for 19 different civil services and posts. Of this 22 posts are reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category.
The Civil Service Examination is done in two stages; Preliminary and Main examination. The preliminary examination is a screening test or qualifying examination for the Main Examination.
Only the qualifying candidates in the preliminary will be called for the Main Examination. However, such candidates will need to apply again for admission to the Main Examination later.
Indian Civil Service Preliminary Examination 2021:Important dates
|Indian Forest Service Exam 2021 Notification||04-03-2021|
|Commencement of online application||04-03-2021|
|Withdrawal of online application||31.03.2021 to 06.04.2021|
|Last date to submit the application||24-03-2021|
|Download e-Admit Card||3 weeks before the examination date|
|The date of Preliminary Examination||27-06-2021|
|Submission of application for Main Examination||In August 2021|
|The date of the Main Examination||In November 2021|
- According to the notification. there are about 712 vacancies for ICS 2021
- This includes 22 posts reserved for the Persons with Benchmark Disability Category.
Indian Civil Service Preliminary Examination 2021: Eligibility
- 21-32 years as on 01-08-2021
- Candidates belonging to the Reserved category will get age relaxation as per government rules
Bachelor’s degree in any subject.
Medical and Physical Standards
Must be physically fit as per the rules for the Indian Forest Service Examination, 2021. (See Appendix-III Notification dated 04-03-2021.
|General Category Candidates||Rs.100|
Mode of Payment
- Deposit cash in any branch of State bank of India
- Use the system generated Pay-in-slip during registration, for this
- You can also use Net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit card.
How to Apply
Indian Forest Service Exam 2021 Apply Online
You have to apply online only. There is no other mode for submission of application
- Visit the official website of UPSC; http://www.upsconline. nic.in.
- Read the brief instructions for filling up the online Applications Form
- You should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN
- Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government
- So, provide the Photo ID Card while filling up the online application form
- Upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID
- You have to use this Photo ID while appearing for the Examination/Personality Test
- The Commission will issue an e-Admit card to all the eligible candidates three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
- You can download the e-Admit Card at the UPSC website http://www.upsconline. nic.in.
It won’t be sent by post.
- The preliminary Examination will consist of two compulsory papers of Objective type with multiple-choice questions (MCQ)
- Each paper will carry a maximum of 200 marks and each will be of two hours duration.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
- The General Studies Paper-II will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
Please note that the preliminary examination is only a screening test only; so that you will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
And the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination will not be counted for determining the candidates’ final order of merit.
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination
- The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each, (Objective Type & MCQ)
- The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
The Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
The written examination will consist of 6 papers of conventional essay type in the respective subjects
- The written examination consisting of the following papers:—
|Paper A||One of the Indian Languages||300 Marks|
|Paper B||English||300 Marks|
|Paper I||Essay||250 Marks|
|Paper II||General Studies- I|
(Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society)
|Paper III||General Studies- II|
(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
|Paper IV||General Studies ‐III|
(Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security, and Disaster Management)
|Paper V||General Studies ‐IV|
(Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)
|Paper VI||Optional Subject ‐ Paper I||250 Marks|
|Paper VII||Optional Subject ‐ Paper II||250 Marks|
|Sub Total (Written Test)||1750 Marks|
|Personality Test||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
List of optional subjects :
Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology, Literature of any one of the 23 languages.
|Indian Civil Service Exam 2021 Notification||Download Link|
|Indian Civil Service Exam 2021 Apply Online||Official Website|
|Indian Civil service examination syllabus||Download Syllabus|
- Apply for ITBPF Sub-Inspector Post Before 14-08-2022
- Apply Online for the UPSC Assistant Director (Hindi) Recruitment 2022 | 16 Vacancies
- Apply Online for the UPSC Assistant Chemist Recruitment 2022 | 67 Vacancies
- REC PDCL Recruitment: Latest Updates | 09 Vacancies Apply online Now
- Get your career on track with BVFCL Executive Trainee recruitment | 32 Vacancies, Apply Online Now