Apply for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021: The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has announced admission to the Training Batch 01/2022 in respect of Navik(General Duty), Navik (Domestic Branch), and Yantrik (Electric, Electronic, and Mechanical).
There are 350 slots available for these categories. The selection of candidates will be through a process including a written examination, Physical Fitness Test, Medical Examination among other things later this year.
The training batch for Navik(General Duty) and Yantrik will commence in February 2022 at INS Chilka, and the same for Navik (Domestic Branch) will be in April 2022.
The sea training and the professional training in the allotted trade Branches/trades will follow subsequently.
If you are 10th pass and in the age group 18- 22 years, you can apply for the exam in respect of the post of Navik (Domestic Branch). Similarly, for the other 02 posts, the minimum qualification is a 10+2 pass, plus a diploma in Engg for the post of Yantrik.
Indian Coast Guard (ICG)
Established in 1977 under the Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India, the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) is a Law enforcement and rescue agency in India’s territorial waters. It works in cooperation with the Indian Navy and respective state Police forces in areas of coastal patrolling and protection of the country’s marine border.
If eligible and interested, you can apply online before 16-07-2021. We have highlighted the important points of the notification in the following paragraphs for more clarity on the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021, eligibility, selection process, how to apply, etc.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021 Notification
|Name of the Organization||Indian Coast Guard|
|Name of the Post||Navik (General Duty), Navik (Domestic Branch) and Yantrik|
|Qualification||10th Pass/10+2 plus Diploma|
|Age limit||18-22 years|
|No. of Vacancies||350|
|Nature of Employment||Permanent|
|Selection Process||Online examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Examination Fee||Rs. 250/-|
|Date of opening of Registration||02-07-2021|
|Last Date to Recieve Application||16-07-2021|
|Tentative date for Written Examination||September 2021|
Vacancy: Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021
|Name of the Post||No. of Vacancies||Category wise Distribution|
|Navik(General Duty)||260||UR- 108, EWS-26 , OBC-67 ,|
ST-19 , SC- 40
|Navik (Domestic Branch)||50||UR- 23, EWS-05 , OBC-17 ,|
ST- 02, SC- 03
|Yantrik (Mechanical)||20||UR- 08, EWS-03 ,OBC-06 ,|
ST- 00, SC- 03
|Yantrik (Electrical)||13||UR- 06, EWS- 02, OBC-04 ,|
ST-00 , SC- 01
|Yantrik (Electronics)||07||UR-06, EWS-01 ,OBC-0 ,|
ST-00 , SC- 00
Let us examine the age limit and educational qualification for applying for the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021:
(As on 01-06-2021)
- Minimum Age: 18 Years
- Maximum Age: 22 years as per details below:
- Navik (GD) and Yantrik:
- Must have born between 01-02-2000 to 31-01- 2004 (both dates inclusive)
- Navik (DB):
- Must have born between 01-04-2000 to 31-03-2004 (both dates inclusive)
- Upper Age relaxation is available to candidates belonging to SC (05 years) and ST (03 years) as per Govt. Directives
|Name of the Post||Qualification|
|01||Navik (General Duty)||10+2 passed|
|02||Navik (Domestic Branch)||10th Class passed|
( Electrical/ Mechanical /
|(a) 10th class passed|
(b) 3 or 4-year Diploma in
Electrical/ Mechanical /
OR 10+2 pass with 2 or 3 year Diploma
- The qualification must be from an education board recognized by the Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE)
- The Engineering Diploma from an institute approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
- Candidates must be medically and physically fit
- Height: Minimum height 157 cms (See notification for exempted categories of candidates)
- Chest: Well proportionate to the height; Minimum expansion: 05 cms
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age +10 percentage
- Hearing: Normal
- Permanent Tattoo: Disallowed (except to tribal candidates as per Govt policy)
Selection Process: Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021
Merit is the only criteria for selection. The selection process will be in 04 stages. There will be shortlisting/omission of failed candidates at every stage.
- Written Examination
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Initaial Document Verification
- Initial Medical Examiantion
- Document Verification
- Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka
- Submission of Original Documents, Police verification, etc
- Provisional Shortlisting for training at INS Chilka
Indian Coast Guard Salary
|Name of the Post||Pay Level||Basic Pay|
|Navik (General Duty)||03||Rs.21,700/-|
- Additionally, all the posts carry Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the prevailing regulations.
- Bright Promotion possibilities up to the rank of Pradhan Adhikari/ Pradhan Sahayak Engineer with pay scale Rs. 47,600/- (Pay Level 8)plus Yantrik pay @ Rs. 6200/-with Dearness Allowance.
- Other Benefits (as per Government rules and subject to changes) include:
- Free ration and clothing
- Free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee or HRA
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family, and dependent parents as per Government rules.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
- Insurance cover (on contribution) of Rs. 50 lakhs for Enrolled Personnel
|All Others||Rs. 250/-|
|Mode of payment||Online through payment gateway|
How to Apply for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021
Go through the notification and make sure that you fulfill the eligibility. You must have a valid email ID and mobile number.
You can apply only for one post. The candidature of persons who applied for multiple posts or submitted multiple applications for one post will be canceled.
The mode of registration is online only through Indian Coast Gurad official website
- Go to the ICG official website
- Read the instructions
- Access, Fill up and Submit the application
- Pay the application fees using net banking or Debit/Credit cards
- Upload the following documents:
- Scanned copies of photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression (Read notification for specifications)
- Copy of proof of Date of Birth (10th class mark sheet or Birth Certificate)
- Photo Identity proof (Adhaar Card or Voter ID or Passport or PAN Card or Driving License).
- 10th class mark sheet
- Community certificates for SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer) Certificate (if applicable).
- Income certificate for EWS candidates
- Scanned Signature of Parent (Father/Mother) or Guardian if the candidate applying is less than 18 years of age.
- Your handwritten declaration as per notification
- Service Certificate/ NOC for serving candidates
- 12th class Certificate & Marksheet (for Navik GD)
- 12th class Certificate & Marksheet (for Yantrk, if passed 12th class)
Visit the website regularly for updates and status of your application in respect of Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021
|Original Notification||CLICK HERE|
|Apply online||CLICK HERE|