Indian Forest Service Preliminary Examination 2021: Find details of Posts, Eligibility, Salary, Admit Card, Exam Date, and Full Notification
The Union Public service commission has announced conducting the Indian Forest Service Preliminary Examination 2021 on 2706-2021. As you know the selection for IFS is done in two stages of examinations; Preliminary and the Main examination. Preliminary examination is a sort of screening or qualifying examination for the Main Examination.
Only the qualifying candidates in the preliminary will be called for the Main Examination. However, such candidates will need to apply again for admission to the Main Examination later.
Indian Forest Service Preliminary Examination 2021:Important dates
|Indian Forest Service Exam 2021 Notification||04-03-2021|
|Commencement of online application||04-03-2021|
|Withdrawal of online application||31.03.2021 to 06.04.2021|
|Last date to submit the application||24-03-2021|
|Download e-Admit Card||3 weeks before the examination date|
|The date of Preliminary Examination||27-06-2021|
|Submission of application for Main Examination||In August 2021|
|The date of the Main Examination||In November 2021|
According to the notification. there are about 110 vacancies for IFS 2021
Indian Forest Service Preliminary Examination 2021: Eligibility
21-32 years as on 01-08-2021
Candidates belonging to the Reserved category will get age relaxation as per government rules
Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the following subjects:
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering
Medical and Physical Standards
Must be physically fit as per the rules for the Indian Forest Service Examination, 2021. (See Appendix-III Notification dated 04-03-2021.
|General Category Candidates||Rs.100|
Mode of Payment
- Deposit cash in any branch of State bank of India
- Use the system generated Pay-in-slip during registration, for this
- You can also use Net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit card.
How to Apply
Indian Forest Service Exam 2021 Apply Online
You have to apply online only. There is no other mode for submission of application
- Visit the official website of UPSC; http://www.upsconline. nic.in.
- Read the brief instructions for filling up the online Applications Form
- You should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN
- Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government
- So, provide the Photo ID Card while filling up the online application form
- Upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID
- You have to use this Photo ID while appearing for the Examination/Personality Test
- The Commission will issue an e-Admit card to all the eligible candidates three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
- You can download the e-Admit Card at the UPSC website http://www.upsconline. nic.in.
It won’t be sent by post.
- The preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type with multiple-choice questions (MCQ)
- It will carry a maximum of 400 marks in the respective subjects
- There will be negative marking for incorrect answers
- If a question is left blank there will be no penalty for that question.
Please note that the preliminary examination is only a screening test only; so that you will be eligible for admission of the Main Examination.
And the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination will not be counted for determining the candidates’ final order of merit.
- The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each, (Objective Type & MCQ)
- The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
The Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test. The written examination will consist of 6 papers of conventional essay type in the respective subjects
- The written examination consisting of the following papers:—
|Paper I||General English||300 Marks|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||300 Marks|
|Papers III, IV, V, and VI||Subject-I||200 Marks|
Papers III, IV, V, and VI.—Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional
List of optional subjects :
Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Forestry, Geology, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Zoology
2. Interview for Personality Test
- Maximum Marks : 300
|Indian Forest Service Exam 2021 Notification||Download Link|
|Indian Forest Service Exam 2021 Apply Online||Official Website|
|Indian forest service examination syllabus||Download Syllabus|
- Apply for ITBPF Sub-Inspector Post Before 14-08-2022
- Apply Online for the UPSC Assistant Director (Hindi) Recruitment 2022 | 16 Vacancies
- Apply Online for the UPSC Assistant Chemist Recruitment 2022 | 67 Vacancies
- REC PDCL Recruitment: Latest Updates | 09 Vacancies Apply online Now
- Get your career on track with BVFCL Executive Trainee recruitment | 32 Vacancies, Apply Online Now