Jobs In Sports Industry: Sports Authority of India (SAI) is looking for 220 sportspersons who can be appointed as Assistant coaches in its various sports centres for 26 specific sports items. The candidates should be seasoned exponents in a specific sports discipline and having a Diploma in Coaching from SAI, NS NIS, or from any other recognised Indian or Foreign University.
Alternatively, you must have represented the country in any of the international events like the Olympics. Appointments will be on a contract basis and extendable for a 04 year-cycle up to the age of 60 years subject to review. Check the full details of the advertisement below.
About Sports Authority of India
Sports Authority of India (SAI) was established in 1982 under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India for the promotion of sports in the country.
SAI has 2 Sports Academic institutions in the country, conducting research and PhD level courses in physical education and sports medicine. They are the Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports at Patiala in Punjab, and the Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education at Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala).
Besides the Authority has 11 SAI Regional Centres” (SRC), 14 Centre of Excellence” (COE/COX), 56 Sports Training Centres”(STC) and 20 Special Area Games (SAG) in various parts of the country.
If you are interested in the offer of jobs in sports industry, you may apply online by visiting the website.
|Commencement of Online registration||27.08.2021|
|Last date to register Online application||10.10.2021|
Jobs In Sports Industry
220 Assistant Coach Vacancies in SAI
Jobs In Sports Industry Notification Overview
|Organization||Sports Authority of India|
|No. of Vacancies||220|
|Place of Posting||All India basis|
|Type of Job||Contract- 04 years-extendable|
Jobs In Sports Industry Vacancy Details
|Post|| No. of |
|9 (Unreserved), 33 (Scheduled Caste), 59 (Other|
Backward Classes), 22 (Economically Weaker Section) and 16 (Scheduled Tribes).
Reservation as per government rules
Jobs In Sports Industry Eligibility Criteria
Age Limits (As of 10-10-2021)
|Maximum Age||40 years|
- There will be upper-age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per government rules.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- Diploma in Coaching from SAI, NS NIS, or from any other recognised Indian/ Foreign University OR
- Olympic/International Participation OR
- Dronacharya Awardee
Note for International Participation:
Participation in any discipline in-
- Olympic Games
- World Championships/ World Cups
- Asian Games
- Commonwealth Games
- Asian Championships/ Asia Cup
- The selection will be through an oral test of the discipline you have opted for and interview
- If there are a large number of applications, there will be shortlisting of applications
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for the Oral test/interview
SAI Assistant Coach Salary
|Rs. 41,420 -Rs.112,400|
- Salary will be fixed based on experience, certification and Dronacharya Award and after adding the increments
- In case a person has eligibility because of two criteria then, criteria advantageous to him will be applicable or as opted by the candidate.
- Higher salary will be considered to candidates with higher qualifications/ exceptional achievements
How to apply for SAI Assistant Coach Recruitment
Go through the notification and make sure that you fulfil the eligibility. You must have a valid email ID and mobile number. The only option available to apply for the post is Online through the official website of Sports Authority of India
- So, visit SAI’s website https://sportsauthorityofindia.nic.in/saijobs/
- Proceed filling up the application and submit
- Visit the website regularly for updates on the recruitment process.