UPSC Engineering Services 2022 Exam: The Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) has invited applications to appear for the Engineering Services Examination- preliminary to be conducted in January 2022. The date for the Main examination will be announced later
UPSC is holding this exam to select candidates for about 274 engineering positions in the following Central govt establishments:
|Central Engineering Service, Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group‐A (Civil Engineering Posts), Survey of India Group ‘A’ Service, AEE(Civil) in Border Road Engineering Service, Indian Defence Service of Engineers, AEE(QS&C) in MES Surveyor Cadre, Central Water Engineering (Group ‘A’) Service, Indian Skill Development Service|
|AEE in GSI Engineering Service Gr ‘A’, Indian Defence Service of Engineers, Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts), Indian Naval Material Management Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts), Central Water Engineering (Group ‘A’) Service., Indian Skill Development Service, Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Services/SSO‐II (Mechanical), Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engg.), Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Mechanical Engineering Posts), AEE (Electrical and Mechanical) in Border Roads Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)|
|Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts), Indian Defence Service of Engineers, Indian Naval Material Management Service (Electrical Engineering Posts), Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Electrical Engineering Posts), Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts), Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service/SSO‐II (Electrical), Indian Skill Development Service|
|Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’, Indian Telecommunication Service Gr ‘A’, Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts), Indian Naval Material Management Service (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts), Junior Telecom Officer Gr ‘B’, Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service/SSO‐II (Electronics & Tele), Central Power Engineering Gr ‘A’ (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts), Indian Skill Development Service|
Check below for the details about the positions, reservation, academic qualifications, age, the selection process, how to apply, where to apply, and other conditions.
If you are interested in the UPSC Engineering Services 2022 Exam, please apply by post on the prescribed application form before 18-09-2021.
|Commencement of registration||22-09-2021|
|Last date for applying Online||12-10-2021|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||22-02-2022|
|Date of Main Examination||Will be notified later|
|Date of Interview||Will be notified later|
UPSC Engineering Services 2022 Exam notification Overview
UPSC Engineering Services 2022 Exam
|Post||Group‐A/B Services/Posts -in various Central Govt establishments|
|No. of Vacancies||274|
|Place of Posting||All India Basis|
|Type of Job||Permanent|
UPSC Engineering Services 2022 Exam : Vacancy Details
|Post||No. of |
|01||Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, and Telecommunication Engineers- Group‐A/B Services/Posts||274|
You would also like to read
- EPIL Executives Recruitment 2022 | 93 Vacancies
- Intelligence Bureau AICO Recruitment 2022 | 150 Vacancies. Check for More Details
- BEL Engineering Apprentice Recruitment 2022 | 360 seats for One-year Training at Bengaluru
Eligibility for Govt job for geologist
Age Limits (As of 01-01-2022)
Minimum Age- 21 years
Maximum Age- Below 30 years
- There will be upper-age relaxation for reserved category candidates, as per government rules.
Minimum Educational Qualification
Here are the details of the essential educational qualification to appear for UPSC Engineering Services 2022 Exam
Geologist Group ‘A’
- A degree in Engineering OR
- passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India) OR
- A degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/ College/ Institution- OR
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) OR
- passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India- OR
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to the
Examination as per Regulations
|SC/ST/PwBD/ESM category candidates, Women||Nil|
|Payment mode||Online / Pay by Cash at any SBI branch|
Selection Process: UPSC Engineering Services 2022 Exam
- UPSC will select the candidates through the Combined Engineering Services Examination
- The examination shall be conducted according to the following plan :—
- Stage‐I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage‐I) Examination (Objective Type Papers)
- Stage‐II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage‐II) Examination (Conventional Type Papers) and
- Stage‐III : Personality Test
- The final selection will be based on the performance in the written examinations and Personality Test and subject to medical examination
How to apply For UPSC Engineering Services 2022 Exam
Go through the notification and make sure that you fulfil the eligibility. You must have a valid email ID and mobile number. You are required to submit only one application, and the mode of applying is online only at the official website of UPSC
- So visit https://www. upsconline.nic.in
- Click the link for ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC
- Select the name of the post/examination
- Click the link for Part-1
- Read carefully the instructions & proceed
- Access the Registraion form and fill in the requisite information
- Make the payment of examination fee online through netbanking/ Debit/credit card
- To pay the fee in cash, you should take a printout of challan generated online after completion of registration.
- Then you have to deposit cash at the nearest SBI branch using the challan within 24 hours
- Upload the scanned copy of your recent photograph, signature and photo identity card
- Select the examination center and agree to the Declaration.
- Note down the generated Registration Number/take a print out of the page for future refernce
- Regularly visit the website for the update on notification for the UPSC Engineering Services 2022 Exam/admit card.
- Scanned Copies of following documents :
- Documentary proof of Date of Birth (Matriculation/10th/12th/HSC Certificate).
- Education qualification
- Disability cerificate for PWD candidates in prescribed format.
- Discharge / Service Certificate in case of Ex-servicemen.
- Caste Certificate in respect of reserved categories in the prescribed format in respect of SC/ST and OBC Non-Creamy Layer.
- Income and asset certificate in respect of EWS in prescribed format
- Declaration of Non-Creamy Layer Status in respect of OBC (NCL) candidates in prescribed format.
You will have to produce the original certificates at the next stage of the selection process.