Indian Institute of Technology (indian School of Mines) Dhanbad
Download advertisement for some 73 urgent jobs in Dhanbad. If you are a graduate with computer knowledge and basic typing speed you can apply for the post of Junior Assistant in IIT Dhanbad.
The Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad, Jharkhand is looking for suitable candidates to fill up 73 vacancies for the post of Junior Assistants in the IIT
The candidates for the post must be graduates in any discipline with at least 55% marks and have Proficiency in the use of Computers and typing.
Suitable candidates will be selected based on their performance in the written examination and the skill test later. The details about the Exam pattern is given below.
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad is the third oldest institute (after IIT Roorkee, and IIT (BHU) Varanasi) which got converted into an IIT in 2016. The Institute traces its history back to the British era when the imperial govt founded an Indian School of Mines & Applied Geology at Dhanbad on 09-12-1926.
Today, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad is occupying an area of around 445 acres of land in the mineral-rich Dhanbad, accommodating around 8,101 students including 3,732 undergraduate students, 1,951 postgraduate students, and 2,418 doctoral students.
If eligible and interested, you can take advantage of the IIT’s urgent jobs in Dhanbad offer by applying online before 31-08-2021.
Notification for urgent jobs in Dhanbad IIT-Junior Assistant
|Name of the Organization||Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad|
|Name of the Post||Junior Assistant|
|Qualification||Graduate + Proficiency in Computer/ Typing|
|Age limit||30 Years|
|Place of Posting||Dhanbad|
|Salary||Pay level -3|
|Selection Process||Written Test/ Skill test|
|Commencement of Registration||16-7-2021|
|Last Date of Online Application||31-08-2021|
Urgent Jobs in Dhanbad Vacancy Details
|Name of the Post||No. of Vacancies||Vacancy Distribution|
|Junior Assistant||73||UR- 25, OBC-21, EWS-10,SC-11, ST- 06|
(As of 31-08-2021)
- Upper Age: 30 years
- Upper Age Relaxation available to SC, ST, OBC-NCL, PWD(Divyang) candidates as per Govt. directives
- Upper age for candidates who have served the Institute for at least three years is fixed at 50 years.
- Graduate in any discipline with minimum 55% marks
- Proficiency in the use of variety of computer office applications, M.S Word, Excel, Power-point
- Possess a typing speed of either 40 w.p.m. in English or 35 w.p.m. in Hindi on computers.
Selection Process of Junior Assistant Post
The selection process will be done in three stages, i.e., Screening Test, Trade or skill Test and Written Test.
The screening test is a shortlisting process through an objective test for 100 marks.
The candidates shortlisted on the basis of screening test will be called for appearing in the Trade Test which includes Typing speed and skill test on Computer.
This Test is mainly to examine the candidate’s proficiency in using computer applications particularly Word. The main areas include setting alignment, font size, font-type, indentation, uppercase to lowercase or lowercase to upper case, sentence case, insert page
number, pictures, shapes, hyperlinking, creation and formatting of table etc.
The candidates appearing for the Trade Test will be called for the final written examination, which will have two topics.
|Written Test||80 marks|
|Computer Proficiency Test (MS-Word, Excel & PowerPoint)||20 marks|
Evaluation of the main examination will be done only for those candidates, who have qualified in the Trade/Skill Test.
The final selection will be based on the performance in the Written Examination and Trade/Skill Test.
The company will not pay any TA/DA for appearing in the recruitment tests.
|SC/ST/ Ex-Servicemen/ Divyang and Female candidates||Nil|
|Mode of payment||Through SBI Collect|
|Route path||Jharkhand>> Govt. Department >> Indian Institute of Technology Dhanbad>> Application Fee for Recruitment|
|Name of the Post||Pay level||Pay-scale|
How to Apply for Jr.Assistant Post
Go through the notification and make sure that you fulfil the eligibility. The mode to apply for the post is Online only at IIT Dhanbad’s official website. You must have a valid email ID and mobile number for the post-application communication
- Visit IIT Dhanbad Official site
- A small windo will popup
- You can use it for registration
- Once on the page, provide all requisite information
- Upload the scanned copies of your recent photograph and signature
- Once registered you will be directed to the login page
- Before login your can read the instructions and proceed accordingly
- Once you submit the requisite details, you will be navigated to upload document page,
- Here, you can upload all essential documents
- Your document(s) size should be maximum 1MB except Experience Document
- Experience Document can be of 2MB and should be in pdf format
- All your experience certificates must be in a single file
- After uploading your documents, you will be navigated to the Payment page, where you should provide the SB Collect Reference Number, Date of Payment and Amount Paid.
- After filling the application form & uploading the files you can preview the application
- Download the submitted application for future reference
Visit the website regularly for updates and the status of your application in respect of the recruitment.